Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Office.








Ok, so perhaps it was not as bleak as all this - it actually was very pretty, with three mountain ranges on 3 different sides and a beautiful lake in the middle. However, the constant summer storms with huge rolls of thunder and lightnight, and the fact that I wield a very metal shovel was a tad disconcerting. No more so, however, than the little snake I found and picked up and put in my back picker, assuming it was a dear little garden snake, and was told later by our resident biologist that it was indeed a very poisonous snake. Which completely circumvented my entire plan to get over my ridiculous dislike of snakes. I've now been advised that generally everything red and black in the natural world is poisonous. Whoops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's why the elusive and beautiful "Licorice Zebras" are amongst the most venomous and deadly mammals in the animal kingdom.