Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Amoebas and Medias

First, a small update. Everything is well - I'm still trying to get over this Delhi Belly, which we now believe is some kind of amoeba. Is it wrong that I'm now talking to it like a friend? "Goodmorning Amoeba!!" Should I name it??
So I'm a little wobbly on my feet, and have trouble venturing too far from the house.. But otherwise, I'm alright. Busy, as always, helping Mum with all the upcoming events etc. I start security work tomorrow (Friday) with a little bit of apprehension. I'm a little worried if they're actually going to listen to a 5'2" 90 lbs white girl.. Mind you.. That means I'm taller and heavier than most of them. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was remiss in not mentioning my horseriding experience. All of you must have prayed extra hard.. Because I didn't have to go! I believe, actually, it was more an intervention of the Indian Intelligence Agency, which has a big say in what Col. Bhalla does with foreigners, than God - but heck, I'll take either of them on my side when it comes to horses.
Now - Camote, my dearest. It is one thing to have partial journalism. It is quite another to ignore the other side completely. Not that long ago there was an election here, wherein the BJP was touted to win by everyone. Every government in the world, every media source, had actually stopped paying attention to the election, the outcome had been decided as such a sure thing by the Indian press. The CongressParty won with such an overwhelming majority - that nobody knew what happened for a couple days. I wish I had caught this "journalist" on a bad day, but doing some independant reasearch has proven that a bad day is every day that this man puts pen to paper. The media in our country may not be the most even Steven on the block, but it damn well beats this one.
My day has begun without me, and I should run. I miss you all, please take care everyone. Love,
as always, to all of you.

No comments: