Monday, June 26, 2006

How I know He Loves Me


He travelled from Washington to Edmonton, and then took a bus twelve hours to High Level. And he brought me Starbucks. While I was at work, he cleaned my house and ran with the buffalo and biked into town to buy beer and strawberries and Kraft Cheese slices. He cheered for the Edmonton Oilers, just because they are my team, and I think he actually watched more of the playoffs than I did. He built me a fire, just so I could roast two marshmallows a night, and cooked my steak to perfection. He let me have way more of the blanket, and got up to make me coffee before work. He listened to CBC and updated me on the news, and always left me hot water. We walked down to the railroad tracks and sat and watched the beavers build damns and put pennies on the tracks and talked about everything. And everyday, he wrapped his arms around me, and looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes.... and told me.

1 comment:

Homie Bear said...

Washington DC, right? There's some big Alberta festival going on in DC now, they have cattle and a heavy hauler and hockey stuff. At least that's what Carrie Doll has been saying on the news!