Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Its All Uphill in the Mountains

At least I have a good excuse for being totally un-diligent in updating this.. I've been in the Himalayas white water rafting with Bryan for three days, then I got home Monday at midnight and hit the road with a friend at 5 the next morning togo to Shimla, another mountain town up at about 2200 metres. We're doing a week of travelling before I have to head back to start my smashing new temporary job in Political Affairs at the embassy. Its absolutely, unabashadly beautiful up here.. And, all my lovely cold weather friends- it was minus 2 here this morning when I woke up to monkeys pulling the porch lights off in my hotel room.. Its the coldest I've been sinceI left Canada, and I have to say, that with the exception of some terribly awfully stylish leg warmers, my little butt has been a little chilly. I promise a full update when I get home, for now, I'm actually going to knit a scarf on the bus ride to the next town. Missing you all, and always wishing that you could see what I get to see. Take care!

1 comment:

Mo said...

I miss the mountains, I really do!