Monday, April 11, 2005

Ms. Poshlust's Favorite Things (April)

  1. Tweed - Really, I don't think there is anything more colonial, more dignified, more upstanding.. than a suit, a jacket.. that litterally stands up on its own .
  2. Riding boots - I'm hooked. After seeing all the women stomping around in their burnished leather.. I'm in.
  3. Hot weather music - Jack Johnson, Zero7, The Roots, Jill Scott... I'm not sure if it cools you down or heats you up..
  4. Going to bed with jewlery on - I never knew how wonderful it was to get up at night to pee and look like a sleepy debutante. Jewlery it is.
  5. Pineapple juice - I think I drink a carton a day. I have the Oktoberfest mug from the American embassey last October (no shit) and it's the perfect size for about 4 ice cubes and have a carton of juice. I'll forever associate Oktoberfest with pineapples now. Shiza.
  6. ArtForum magazine- Any of you with access, enjoy it. My dearest Mr. Almost Poshlust has been so wonderful as to mail me the monthly installments, and I savour them one glossy page at a time.
  7. Okayplayer.com - For all of your best hip hop news, book reviews, and an uproariously funny cartoon every morning.
  8. Ubiquity - Written by Mark Buchanan, it's a book I never thought I'd read, and definately never thought I'd enjoy.. And now it's pretty much one of my alltime favorite books. Please also read Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink" and "The Tipping Point", and "The Elephant Vanishes" by Haruki Murakami. Camote - these recommendations are all pretty much for you. Who am I kidding. ;-) You're the only one that I KNOW would a) read these and b) love them. Or at least understand them.
  9. Beautifully Simple Things - Helped Bryan make a cheesecake on Friday, had to go get eggs at about 10pm, in the beautifully warm dark night. Bought 10 eggs for 20 rupees, they were put in a homemade paper bag, and everyone smiled at us. Life is good.
  10. Ticking things off - I have this painfully simple list of things I want to do in life, included are things like making soup, staying silent for one day, etc etc. Small, simple things. Have accomplished one this month, and am close to a second! Drank Scotch and smoked a cigar, which has been on that list since I was like.. 15. Then, on the 27th of this month, I've officially not work make-up for one month! Pretty good for a city girl hey?

No comments: