Sunday, November 04, 2007

Rosemary Pork Roast, Take 2


I adore Sundays. We didn't get up until 3 or 4 (literally, I'm not sure what time because the clocks have changed and I'm chronologically (chronometrically?) challenged. ) and have spent the past little cooking and cuddling and, as Jared endearingly puts it "Trying to figure out what to do with our day." I think our day ends when the sun goes down (as I'm pretty sure it did just at this very moment) but he's up for making it last till midnight. I used up what was left of the Rosemary and Pear pork roast in mini quiches with tomato and red onion and old cheddar - they turned out really really well and we devoured them.
On account of last nights first substantial snowfall, I'm going to make gingerbread snowflakes and mittens and hang out in warm sweaters and listen to Christmas music. You better believe it. I love the holiday season. I don't care when it starts I love it all. This is actually cheering me up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent some time in the mall, wrapped some Christmas presents and started my Christmas baking today. I will start to sneak Christmas music on to the kitchen's CD player and slowly bring out the decorations when no one is looking. By the time you get here the house will be ready to welcome you home and put the tinsel on the tree (one by one of course!). I can feel your first hug already. I love the Christmas season and the excitment that it brings and no matter how old you are the anticipation and the butterflies in your tummy never ends and never fails to make me happy. I love you. Mom xxooo

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, those quiche look delicious.