Monday, November 05, 2007

To The Good

So as I'm attempting to pulverize the avocado the other night, resplendent in sweatpants, one of J's Vanguard t-shirts, 2 day old hair.. and avocado.. I get a knock on my door. Now despite what you may believe I have few close friends in a proximity that allows them to knock on my door, so I just kinda stared at J. And opened the door.
And there, offering hope in a plastic resealable was A. Handing over a container of bruscetta, filled with garlic and the promise in a small and sweet smile that yes, she'd totally been creeping my blog, and chin up, and really.. her just being there was enough. So A, if you're reading this - we're not great and overwhelming friends - but we are comrades in the fight of all fights, for sanity and love and health and belief and faith - and I just wanted to let you know, if you pop by the blog - you saved my week with that container of bruscetta. You have a place in my heart, my soul and my fight that is more than many occupy. Cheers, and yum.

1 comment:

JL said...

As long as you're wearing sweatpants inside the house.

Nothing says, "I don't give a shit about myself", male or female, than sweatpants worn in public, unless worn to the most mundane or desperate of errands.

Sorry. I hate sweatpants on women. They are unflattering in the extreme.