Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday, a sad prelude to Friday.


Listening - The Way I Am- Ingrid Michealson
Wearing - Brown sweater, blue jeans, green and silver ring, no shoes
Watching - The crane outside my office window, building the million dollar condos across from my slums.
Eating - Gluten free ginger snaps and water
Thinking - Whatever happened to mixtapes?
You know, I don't think my glass is half empty. I think my glass just got too big and now I might as well do a burlesque routine in it rather than make a to do list. WHich is what my mother always suggests at this point, when I have so much to do that I just lay in bed and do nothing at all. Make a list, not a burlesque routine. Which generally makes it worse (not making a list). Go figure. So I'm hanging out in my office going from Facebook to Facehunter to Coolhunter to blogger.. *laughing* Which makes me feel efficient. In a paralelle universe, I'm probably doing a whole lot actually.
The upside? I've now got 2 A+ from my hottie McHotProff. I'm dyin' here. He's also teaching my philosophy of Love and Sex class next semester, where he is seriously considering entering the Marquis de Sade into the curicculem. I will have to withdraw. If I have to listen to him reading that I might actually just explode into a supernova of embarrassment and giggles. I could barely contain myself when he repeated the phrase "erection of the state" in my poli phil class. I wasn't the only one. But de Sade? I'm toast. Buttered toast.
I've got an art class tonight, going out with Halls and the ladies tomorrow night for V's birthday, Saturday Jared's gone by 9, I have a mental health inservice to attend on Sunday, and Monday is a midterm. *laugh*
Fuck cups. I need a beer stein.

1 comment:

JL said...

Listening: to the Theme from the Muppet Show, while waiting for a friend to come over.

Wearing: Dark blue police-issue T-shirt, Levi's jeans, and of course, my Serbian cross on a hemp cord around my neck. Shoes don't matter to me right now. I love Rockport but can't stand wearing them any more.

Eating: Rice, plain, and bread with butter, because I don't care what I eat. I eat to keep from collapsing. I have to make a good Vietnamese meal, not this weekend, but the next, because this weekend, I have had such dreams/visions I am relegated to sleeping during the day, and I will have to catch up.
I am going outside and sleeping on blankets in the backyard over the weekend, in the sun.

Thinking: Mix tapes? I've tried to do a substitute on Youtube, via my blog. I was shocked when I watched a homemade travelogue on Beograd and knew most of the music on it...

And, of course, De Sade is so debated that anyone can argue anything about the belief structure. The debate continues...

...unless you pick and choose what you like...

...which is what I think De Sade may have had in mind in the first place...

Well, who knows?

I've been off dropping forked sticks in rivers.