Sunday, October 07, 2007

Surreal and Sinful.

What a strange Friday. Jared had another gig at the Empire Ballroom in the West End this weekend, and since I hadn't been there, I figured I would go with him. So I slapped on my best drummer-girlfriend-not-at-the-bar-for-fun-but-to-look-sweet-and-have-fun-with-my- boyfriend outfit (black leggings, royal blue thigh length dress, kitten heels) and headed out for some fun and relaxation.
We get there, and Jared can't figure out just whats going on. There's a 300lb man on stage in a candyland scene, a girl laying in a pile of money, a girl who looked like a beauty queen sitting on a stool.. So strange. We head to the back room where a number of girls are still getting ready.. A number of girls acting out the Seven Deadly Sins for Forbidden Friday. I was helping them get ready - (there's something about a showgirl in distress, and I just can't help but.. help.) - when Jared left to go find his drumming partner.
Then she pounced. The woman that was obviously ochestrating the entire gaggle of models in variously biblical outfits strides towards me and asks if I could do her a favour.. to which I responded.. "Maybe.." and she asked... if I would play Sloth. Just dress up in pj's, and laze around and yawn a lot. Of course she peppered it with various compliments on my beauty, my eyes yadda yadda. So I agree. Next thing I know Jared walks back in the room and I'm being undressed and put into pink satin. *laugh* I thought he was going to die of laughter as Pandora in there was throwing purple sparkles all over me and spraying me down with gloss. Next thing I know, I'm handed a bar tab and led out to my post.. which just happens to be.. in the middle of the main bar. Yes, I'm lying on the bar, "sleeping slothily". Sweet Jesus. That said, I had the best view of the a)girls dressed as angels swinging from the ceiling b) fire dancer c)the burlesque show and d)Jared's drum show.
I got paid, I got to drink, I got flattered, and I went home with the drummer.
Alternately, from Jared: "I leave the room for 5 minutes, and my girlfriend becomes a deadly sin. Sheesh."

2 comments:

JL said...

Oh

My

God.

I'm sorry I missed it!

:)

Anonymous said...

Forget the celebutantes; your life is surreal. Can't wait to get back into town and share in it ;o)